When a user in your audience opts out of receiving future emails, it's called an unsubscribe. CAN-SPAM and other anti-spam laws require Prefinery to have an unsubscribe process in place.
In this article, you'll learn about unsubscribes in Prefinery.
How to manage unsubscribes
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you manage unsubscribes in Prefinery.
- We require you to include an unsubscribe link in your emails. If you use a Prefinery starter email layout, the unsubscribe link is included automatically. Custom layouts that you add need to include the unsubscribe tag.
- Prefinery doesn't allow outside unsubscribe processes, so you need to use the unsubscribe link we provide in your email layouts.
- If you see high rates of abuse complaints or unsubscribes, we recommend you enable the double opt-in process for your project.
- High unsubscribe rates can lead to account suspension. If your account has been suspended, please contact us to resolve the issue.
- For security reasons, when someone unsubscribes from your email marketing, Prefinery automatically hides their full email address in the unsubscribe confirmation page and URL.
How unsubscribes work in Prefinery
Prefinery treats all projects in your company account independently. When a user unsubscribes, they opt out of marketing emails for that project only. For users who use one company account to manage audiences for multiple clients, this is important, so a user who opts out of email marketing from one client isn't unsubscribed from other client audiences.