Anti-Spam Requirements for Email
Prefinery takes the enforcement of anti-spam laws very seriously. Spam can lead to negative impacts for all our users, so it's important that your emails comply with applicable laws. As outlined in our Terms of Service, we take many protective measures beyond what is required by law to help prevent spam and protect our platform.
In this article, you'll learn about anti-spam requirements for email.
This article is provided as a resource, but it's not legal advice. We encourage you to speak to legal counsel in your area to learn how various anti-spam regulations and laws may apply to your organization.
What am I responsible for?
We have rules and regulations all our users have to abide by. You must follow Prefinery's anti-spam requirements and any other laws that may apply to your business. Here's an overview of what you're responsible for.
- You must abide by Prefinery's anti-spam requirements, which comply with the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- You must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to you based on the country where your business is located, and comply with those laws.
- You must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to you based on the country where your contacts or customers are located, and comply with those laws.
Prefinery is located in the United States and our email platform complies with CAN-SPAM, the U.S. law that regulates commercial and marketing emails. We also have some additional requirements in place to help protect our service, our users, and their contacts. Here's an overview of Prefinery's anti-spam requirements for email.
- You must agree to our Terms of Service.
- An unsubscribe link must be in every non-transactional, marketing email you send.
- You must include your contact information in every non-transactional, marketing email you send, including a physical mailing address or P.O. Box where you can receive mail.
- You may not falsify your contact information or subject line.
- Emails you send through Prefinery must comply with the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act, even if your business is outside the United States.
Email regulations vary by country, so you may also be subject to some additional regulations depending on the location of both your business and your contacts.
It's your responsibility to determine whether any additional laws or regulations, including international laws, apply to you or the emails you send through Prefinery. Keep in mind that, in addition to email spam laws, some countries may have data protection or security laws that could impact your email marketing. If your business is based outside the United States, or you have an international contact base, you'll need to determine what additional laws you're subject to before sending through Prefinery.